Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Flooded Cars?..

In article , Andrew Andrew97d-
scribeth thus
On 17/02/2020 10:27, NY wrote:
but water got into the engine and knackered it. Being a diesel, with a
greater compression ratio, the damage was worse. Fortunately his
insurance paid for a new engine.

This storm was very well forecast many days ago, and anyone
paying attention to the jet stream and weather over in the USA
would have guessed quite accurately that we were in for a 2013/14
type of weather event even further back.

The Met Office have been giving yellow, amber and latterly
red alerts, so anyone ignoring those warnings and then
damaging their car might find insurance cos being reluctant
to pay out, just like they try to wiggle out of accident
or illness claims to anyone on holiday abroad.

Indeed! But also there was that bit of vid on the BBC news showing a
street in Wales I think were a Audi was bombing down the road with water
up to and then over its bonnet makes me wonder just how it kept on f
driving maybe the air intake is just that little bit higher?

Course no ones teaches anyone how to drive in a flood anymore do they
just go as fat as you can and hope you'll make it thru!..

Unless its the Welney wash, been though here a few times quite hairy but
this blokes got the right sort of wagon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3BC-6Wp38
--
Tony Sayer