Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Some kitchen questions.

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
My suggestion is to put a small upstand at the back of the new Corian
worktop (or whatever you decide to get). Then butt that up against the
face of the tiles. It looks very effective, and it provides a 100%
waterproof joint.

Simply don't like added on upstands. Look a bodge to me.

No expense spared on my wife's new kitchen (she paid for it:-).

The Corian work top wraps up the wall and forms a window sill.

Incredibly neat workmanship.

An upstand that forms part of the corian would be fine. It's an added
type I don't like.

25 miles up the road! Come and see it or I could post a photo.

Can anyone give a very rough idea of costs? Say per metre of a standard
width worktop? Just that I really have no idea at all, and Google doesn't
help.

A couple of grand might be OK. 10 wouldn't. ;-)

Much head scratching.... she doesn't really know!

John Lewis!! Initial visit to measure up. Follow up visit to install.
Payment of 8k somewhere about the time.

This was sink/drainer, 4m work top/upstand and 2 wrap around window
sills. 1.5m promontory and a large island unit.

--
Tim Lamb