Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1 HP water pump and number of sprinkler

On 2/16/20 4:59 AM, Jerry Salinsky wrote:
I am thinking of installing a 1 HP water pump to water my lawn. How many
sprinklers can it support? Is there a rule of thumb or some math to
calculate?

What would happen if I don't install enough spirnklers? I worry the
pressure in the pipe system would be high and ruin the pump.

The sprinkler is this type:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...echanism_2.jpg

Another suggestion would be a variable speed motor controller.
That would let you run only a couple sprinklers if that's all you need
for an odd corner of the yard. Set it up to run whatever psi you want.
Lower psi
is cheaper to run by the way.