Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Table leg repair

On Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 9:29:04 AM UTC-5, OtterGuy wrote:
Instead of using epoxy the Rockler guy recommended using Gorilla Clear
water activated clear non-foaming to do wood repairs.
I have used it on my oak drawer and it seems to be good.

It takes two hours to set up and 24 hour for full strength.

I does not get brittle.

Does that seem like a good bonding method ?

I have several pieces I need to bond yet.

Did the Rockler guy say why he recommended Gorilla Clear vs epoxy?

I'm not saying he's wrong, just always curious when one product is
recommended over another. If the recommender can't explain *why* one
is better than the other, or offers a really lightweight explanation,
I take the recommendation with a grain of salt.