Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1 HP water pump and number of sprinkler

On 2/16/20 4:59 AM, Jerry Salinsky wrote:
I am thinking of installing a 1 HP water pump to water my lawn. How many
sprinklers can it support? Is there a rule of thumb or some math to
calculate?

What would happen if I don't install enough spirnklers? I worry the
pressure in the pipe system would be high and ruin the pump.

The sprinkler is this type:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...echanism_2.jpg

It looks like this is what you have:
https://www.rainbird.com/products/35a-series
There's a chart on the lower left corner that gives you pressure and
flow requirements. It looks like you need a minimum of 30 psi to run it.