Jay Chan

Default leveling a VERY uneven basement concrete floor

... We're definately redoing the floors in the main and second levels,
and while it would be nice to do the basement at the same time, between
the comments I've received here and some financial hints from my wife
(ahem) I think I'll be putting up with the basement as it is for the
time being!

I can see that your wife is a very smart woman and watches every penny

When you move into the new house, you may want to move stuff away from
the basement wall. When it rains, you may want to go down to the
basement to make sure you don't see any water near the basement wall.
Meanwhile, start visualize how you will be using the basement, where
to run ductwork for the central air conditioner if you don't already
have one...

Good luck with your new house.

Jay Chan