Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Some kitchen questions.

In article ,
GB wrote:
It would depend on the thickness of the new worktops. At the moment the
existing tiles start with full ones where the current worktop meets the
wall. If it is the same thickness fine. If thinner, I may have to add
some. If thicker, easy to remove the bottom row of tiles and trim them -
as they're held to the wall with ordinary tile adhesive.

My suggestion is to put a small upstand at the back of the new Corian
worktop (or whatever you decide to get). Then butt that up against the
face of the tiles. It looks very effective, and it provides a 100%
waterproof joint.

Simply don't like added on upstands. Look a bodge to me.

--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.