Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default raised letters

I have to actually get read to me each time by a trusted person, this can be
done at a main branch if you have nobody trustworthy. Mine is chip and
signature and its surprising even though these are legal for us to use, how
many shops decline doing business due to this. However despite them being
reported to the right authorities the law has no teeth it seems.

Raised or flat letters cannot be read by me, since its not Braille is it?
As I said in my original response, mine has them raised, but the security
code never was, hence the need for a trusted person.
Still its only every so many years I guess. I'd not trust my phone to read
the correct numbers since the way they are written is designed to not be
very readable by a machine other than theirs one assumes.
Too many norty people with cameras on cash machines!

Brian

I'll read your numbers for you...tee hee