Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Some kitchen questions.

In article ,
bert wrote:
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Other thing is the cooker hood which is ancient. It extracts to the
outside via a vent behind it. Still works fine - just old looking. Most of
the 'pretty' ones I see now seem to have a chimney. Can those be vented
anywhere up that chimney - or only at the top? I don't mind moving the
hole in the outside wall if needed. But the closer it is to the hood
itself the better.

Don't think so. The vent is immediately behind the extractor fan. The
"chimney" is false.

I thought the chimney type gave you the option to vent through the
ceiling? If it could be vented directly behind so much the better.
Although sods law dictates the vent won't be in the same place as this one
- over to one side. But I don't mind a bit of brickwork if needed anyway,
as it's easy to get at.

--
*The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.