Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Some kitchen questions.

In article ,
GB wrote:
if it's cement based soking in HCl works eventually

Is that brick acid?

Be interesting to see what it does to tiles. HCl is stored in glass, and
the glaze on tiles is effectively glass, so that sounds promising. But
any defects in the glaze could let the acid attack the colour
underneath, and of course the baked clay is porous.

I was wondering if that was the answer. The tiles are extremely strong -
can be used on a floor. So I'd guess porcelain. The adhesive is definitely
a waterproof mortar based one.

I still think you may be over-worrying about the need to reclaim these
tiles.