Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Some kitchen questions.

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
But I'd like new worktops. Possibly something like Corian? I realise
this is likely a totally pro job. Is it strong enough to sit on top of
the carcasing or does it need additional support like ply or whatever
under it?

Worktops sit on the top of modern units, which are essentially just
open topped boxes, without any other support. A double width unit
probably has a bar across the midlle but that's more of a brace than
a worktop support.

It's what I thought. In which case mine are well up to the job.

--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.