Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Neighbour's installation has dimmer switches plus ...

wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 February 2020 02:17:25 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 23:02:19 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 14:42:13 UTC, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

I've never damaged a LED by *trying* it on a non trailing edge
dimmer.

then you've not used a CR PSU led light for that job.

How would I know a CR PSU from an LED that simply says 'dimmable'
(with a
suitable dimmer) ?

Dimmable LEDs can not contain CR PSUs, they don't survive chopper
dimming.

The only way to tell a CR PSU LED from an SMPSU LED is to open it
up.

Thats bull****, you can measure it too.

It is possible to scope the mains current
waveform to see what's going on,

Thats not the only way to measure it.

whether it is or not has no relevance to a
non-electronics person asking how they
can distinguish one form the other.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

A non electronics person wouldnt be able to
work out what type of PSU it has even after
they had opened it up, you pathetic excuse
for a bull**** artist.

And the plow**** is in fact an electronics person, ****wit.