Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default bluetooth at 164 feet

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 13 Feb 2020 13:25:42 -0500, Frank "frank
wrote:

On 2/11/2020 11:03 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 11 Feb 2020 22:16:34 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 14:45:19 -0500, micky
wrote:

In comp.mobile.android, on Tue, 11 Feb 2020 14:19:13 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I keep hearing that bluetooth is only good for 30 feet, but look at
these:

The last time I looked there were 3 standard ranges of bluetooth.
Less than 1 meter, less than 10 meters, and 100 meters.

I never heard about the short one either. I must live in a cave.

There are some range extenders for BT, but I have not looked into them
as I do not do anythig with BT over 10 meters.

The short one is used by binaural hearing aids to communicate between
ears and fir "back to back" communication between handheld devices -
like sharing "business cards"

I was checked for hearing aids too, and I think they rejected that kind
for me, because the signal had to go from one ear to the other and my
head was too dense.

Did the shine a light in one ear and look in the other? Want my
prediction what would have happened if they did?

I already insulted myself and you think you can be funny by using an old
joke like this.