Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bluetooth at 164 feet

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 16:41:09 -0000, "NY" wrote:

"John McGaw" wrote in message
Frankly, when my BT devices work at all at _any_ range I'm happy and try
to ignore my luck in case I jinx it.

At last! Someone else who is as sceptical and wary of BT as I am. The
miracle is that it works *at all*; expecting it to work *well* is asking for
the moon on a stick.

I've found BT to be very unreliable. Most of the time you can bring together
two previously-paired devices and they will automatically establish a
connection and work perfectly. But... an annoyingly large minority of times,
they fail to connect automatically or spontaneously disconnect or fail
partially (eg can still play sound from phone through BT earphones but
stop/pause/rew/ff controls stop working. The remedy is to turn the headset
off and back on to force it to reboot and to connect again. Until the next
time it goes belly-up...

My biggest problem with BT headsets is the delay. If you are just
listening to music it might be OK but trying to watch a video is
ridiculous.