Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew May Andrew May is offline

Default Some kitchen questions.

But I'd like new worktops. Possibly something like Corian? I realise this
is likely a totally pro job. Is it strong enough to sit on top of the
carcasing or does it need additional support like ply or whatever under
it? And what would be a very rough cost for about 9 metres total (three
walls with a peninsula unit, so 3 mitre or whatever joins. And a cutout
for a sink and hob. A rough guess would be fine, as I've zero idea of the
cost.

For worktops, perhaps take a look at Maia
http://www.maiaworksurfaces.co.uk/ As far as I remember it is available
in lengths so unless you want anything complicated could be DIY'd. A
basic masons mitre should be doable with a suitable router.