Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Driving at night

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 12/02/2020 19:49, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 12:46:25 UTC, NY wrote:

I've always wondered what eye surgeons do when they replace
cataracts in both lenses? Do they set both eyes to a fixed infinity
(and require the person to wear glasses to read) or do they set one
to infinity and the other to much closer (so as to cover both close
and distance in different eyes). Does the brain get used to
discarding whichever eye's image is blurred and only use whichever
eye is providing an in-focus image?

My mother had cataracts in both eyes operated on - but done at least
a few months apart. I am pretty sure they were set the same. She had
ridiculously good distance vision for someone of 90 - despite some
macular degeneration.

A friend had his set for working at a computer screen. Since that mostly
is what he does. He wears glasses for driving.

Total nonsense IMHO. Unless he never goes outdoors. And doesn't want to
see the world around him clearly. Or even see well around the house.

--
*Life is hard; then you nap

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.