Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Driving at night

On 13/02/2020 12:30, bert wrote:
In article , NY writes
I've always wondered what eye surgeons do when they replace cataracts
in both lenses? Do they set both eyes to a fixed infinity (and
require the person to wear glasses to read)

Yes

No.

I'm not sure what they do but those that I know who've had them done
invariably seem to have greatly improved vision, certainly for distance.
Some need 'reading' glasses but not all.

I have glasses for distance - I wear vari-focals, the lower part are
plane lenses. I asked my optician about laser treatment. She said that,
while I don't have any signs of cataracts (virtually) everyone will
develop them at some point due to people living longer and, at my age, I
might as well wait until I get new lenses for cataracts! Five years on
I'm still cataract free.