Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Boiler servicing

On 13/02/2020 09:57, JoeJoe wrote:
we have a Worcester Bosch GREENSTAR CDi CLASSIC combi boiler, fitted 8
years ago (in the garage).

Used for heating and to power one very frequently used shower.

It has been serviced annually (£75 I think) as it was a condition for
the 7 year warranty that it came with.Â* It worked without any fault
since new.

Is it a good idea/necessity to have it serviced every year?

Not having an issue with paying for it - just wondering if it is
necessary?Â*Â* I most definitely want to make sure that it stays safe to use.

On a new combi boiler what's most likely to pack-up in the warranty
period? I'd say the diverter valve/actuator the cost of which would be
guessing 2 years service costs and is a simple component to replace.

With gas boilers I'd suggest the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
is extremely appropriate.

Tehy're not like the olden-days water-heater boiler things that used to
poison folks.