Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler servicing

In article ,
JoeJoe wrote:
we have a Worcester Bosch GREENSTAR CDi CLASSIC combi boiler, fitted 8
years ago (in the garage).

Used for heating and to power one very frequently used shower.

It has been serviced annually (£75 I think) as it was a condition for
the 7 year warranty that it came with. It worked without any fault
since new.

Is it a good idea/necessity to have it serviced every year?

Not having an issue with paying for it - just wondering if it is
necessary? I most definitely want to make sure that it stays safe to use.

What does the panel think please?

My Viessmann has never been serviced. It was a self install, so not sure
about the warranty with that. But was likely only 5 years anyway.

It's now 12 years old, and gas usage each year much the same. So I've
saved £900 - well on the way to pay for a new boiler when needed.

--
*Marathon runners with bad footwear suffer the agony of defeat*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.