Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon lopgel jon lopgel is offline

Default Using a cheap Din Car Head Unit with HiFi Amp

"jon lopgel" wrote in message

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
jon lopgel wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
jon lopgel wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

A standard desktop one will. You'll find details of what pins to
bridge to fire it up etc by Googling.

The lone green one to any black one.

Incorrect on the color.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_...iring_diagrams

Err, no ... that confirms that "power on" is green, short it to ground
(black) to turn on.

I should have said that better, its not the LONE green.

How many do you see then?

There are 3 in that diagram I posted a link to with the same colour as
Power On and they arent even green, they are light blue as note A spells
out.

Whoops, sorry, my massive brain fart. I missed the fact that I have
that diagram so large that the wire colours were off the rh edge of
the screen. You were right all along on the wire colour.