Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Driving at night

On 12/02/2020 19:49, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 12:46:25 UTC, NY wrote:

I've always wondered what eye surgeons do when they replace cataracts in
both lenses? Do they set both eyes to a fixed infinity (and require the
person to wear glasses to read) or do they set one to infinity and the other
to much closer (so as to cover both close and distance in different eyes).
Does the brain get used to discarding whichever eye's image is blurred and
only use whichever eye is providing an in-focus image?

My mother had cataracts in both eyes operated on - but done at least a few months apart. I am pretty sure they were set the same. She had ridiculously good distance vision for someone of 90 - despite some macular degeneration.

Yes. My mother had cataracts removed from both eyes a couple of years
ago. Both give excellent distance vision - indeed when going back for a
check-up they described her as having "fighter pilot eyes."

SteveW