Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default bluetooth at 164 feet

On 2/11/2020 2:10 PM, micky wrote:
I keep hearing that bluetooth is only good for 30 feet, but look at
these:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=long+dist...tag=mozilla-20
first row especially

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...BJR/ref=sr_1_6

https://www.amazon.com/Giveet-Blueto...9M2/ref=sr_1_5

The working range is whatever the working range is -- no predictions and no
guarantees. Everything depends on the quality of the equipment, the power
used, the intervening space and possible interference (and, just possibly,
the phase of the moon and other random crap). Take two ****-poor devices
rated at 100m and put them in adjacent rooms (but with lots of metal in the
intervening wall) and in an intense random RF field and you will be lucky
to make it 1m. On the other hand, take two top-quality devices with the
same advertised power onto a huge flat field with zero interference (go to
Green Bank, WV if you need to but don't let them catch you during the test)
and you will probably manage 500m+. Of course if somebody went to the
trouble of making large reflectors or using external antennas then the sky
is the limit.

Frankly, when my BT devices work at all at _any_ range I'm happy and try to
ignore my luck in case I jinx it.

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence
can never overcome natural stupidity.