Ray K

Default Gas Furnace Blower Motor Replace Question.

Jon Reinhardt wrote:

I have a Bryant Gas furnace with a blower fan motor that is going bad. I am
having it replaced and told the tech to use the old blower wheel (fan). He
said OK (one week to get the motor). After checking with his boss came back
to the house and said I must pay them for a new blower wheel ($145) or they
will not warranty the motor. something about the balance of the fan. This
sounds like they are just trying to sell me a $145 blower wheel. Anybody
have any info on using the old blower wheel if it is in good shape.

Maybe the old blower wheel really is out of balance, causing your motor
problem. But a visual inspection should show any problem. It will be
something not symmetrical, like a bent blade.

Ray