Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bluetooth at 164 feet

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 08:06:23 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 10:28:15 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 13:29:39 +0100, Joerg Lorenz
wrote:

Am 12.02.20 um 11:14 schrieb NY:
"micky" wrote in message
news I keep hearing that bluetooth is only good for 30 feet, but look at
these:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=long+dist...tag=mozilla-20
first row especially

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...BJR/ref=sr_1_6

https://www.amazon.com/Giveet-Blueto...9M2/ref=sr_1_5

If you can get Bluetooth at 30 feet, you're doing *very* well. My experience
with my Bluetooth headset (for listening to talking books or for hands-free
phone calls) is that it starts to drop out when I walk from one side of a
room to the other, even without any obstructions in between.

With my Logitech-Mouse I have BT-connection over 40-50 ft through one
concrete ceiling with steel reinforcment in our house.

Logitech runs on 2.4 GZ but I don't think it is actually BT. I agree
it does get out fairly well. It works all around my pool deck and that
is over 40 feet. I also have LT desktop hardware on the media machine
in the living room, using TVs as the monitors and that works in 3
rooms in the house were the TVs are. (HDMI splitter and 2 extended
cables)

There are both kinds of mice, ie BT and non. The old one I have here
is not BT. IDK what the mix is of new ones today. But it makes sense
for new ones to use BT, for notebooks, tablets, etc, I assume they have
BT, so with a BT mouse you would not need the USB adapter.

Logitech uses a proprietary system so you have to buy Logitech
devices. One dongle will handle up to 6 or 7 tho. I am a Logitech guy,
simply because I have a lot invested already. Very few of my HIDs are
wired these days.