Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Neighbour's installation has dimmer switches plus ...

In article ,
wrote:
It's just possible the dimmers may work with LEDs. I have MK grid ones
dating from the 90s which do.

You won't break anything by trying LED bulbs on a none LED dimmer.

Not true at all. If you're lucky they'll work fine together. If you're unlucky the lamps will use CR PSUs which die quickly on trailing or leading edge dimmers.

I've never damaged a LED by *trying* it on a non trailing edge dimmer.
Long term use might, of course, but why would you?

--
*A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.