Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default bluetooth at 164 feet

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 14:10:42 -0500, micky
wrote:

I keep hearing that bluetooth is only good for 30 feet, but look at
these:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=long+dist...tag=mozilla-20
first row especially

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...BJR/ref=sr_1_6

https://www.amazon.com/Giveet-Blueto...9M2/ref=sr_1_5

MOST Bluetooth devices conform to class 2 - which is up to 10 meters
transmission range. My hearing aids use class 3 to talk to each other
and class 2 to talk to my I-Phone. ( 10 cm transmission)
A class 1 bluetooth device can transmit up to 100 meters. Those
wireless headphones excede class 2 but are not class 3. Mabee they are
not TRUE bluetooth but some other semi-standard running on the 2.4Ghz
band?