Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dr.j.r.stockton@gmail.com is offline

Default Neighbour's installation has dimmer switches plus ...

On Tuesday, 11 February 2020 16:59:50 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
JRS wrote:

She wants to have bulbs in the three-bulb fitting.

I remember that nowadays one must be careful about compatibility between
bulbs and dimmers.

It's just possible the dimmers may work with LEDs. I have MK grid ones
dating from the 90s which do.

You won't break anything by trying LED bulbs on a none LED dimmer.

Thanks. I have now seen the dangling bulb, which is LED; it works on the existing dimmer.

I have some spare LED bulbs, which are all BC; but her fitting is ES. I have a BC-ES adaptor, but it is the wrong way round :-(.

I'll get an ES bulb to be tried on the next convenient day.

--
(c) John Stockton, near London, UK. Using Google Groups. |
Mail: - or as Reply-To, if any. |