Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Harrison[_3_] Graham Harrison[_3_] is offline

Default Oil boiler

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 17:14:02 +0000, Gav
m wrote:

Hi my outside oil boiler is sooting up and locking out in bad weather, could
this be because wind blowing around flue. had a service about month ago. I can
get it going when I clean photocell but have to do this every other day.

Ours is indoors. It has had short periods of locking up over the last
2 years. The engineer suggested wind direction among other reasons.
However, about 10 days ago it started locking out twice and even three
times a day. We now have a new "oil pump" (I'm no techie so that's
what he said). The cynic in me has been wondering whether he's under
instructions to minimise his spend on spares for people (like me) on a
contract.