Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Neighbour's installation has dimmer switches plus ...

In article ,
wrote:
My flat's main room ceiling lighting is OEM, apart from adding shades
and replacing bulbs. It has two dangling lights controlled by a 2-spst
switch pair by the door.

The main room of the flat of my next-door neighbour (not the recently
aforementioned neighbour) would originally have had the same. It now
has a double-dimmer switch pair by the door, a dangling light at one end
with a bulb which works, and at the other end a three-bulb
ceiling-mounted fitting with no bulbs.

The dimmers would have been installed for/by the previous resident,
meaning at least eight years ago, and therefore designed for
incandescent filament bulbs.

She wants to have bulbs in the three-bulb fitting.

I remember that nowadays one must be careful about compatibility between
bulbs and dimmers.

It's just possible the dimmers may work with LEDs. I have MK grid ones
dating from the 90s which do.

You won't break anything by trying LED bulbs on a none LED dimmer.

--
*To steal ideas from *one* person is plagiarism; from many, research*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.