Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Neighbour's installation has dimmer switches plus ...

I'm sticking with win 7 till some applications need to be updated or until
the anti virus no longer supports windows 7.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
My flat's main room ceiling lighting is OEM, apart from adding shades and
replacing bulbs. It has two dangling lights controlled by a 2-spst switch
pair by the door.

The main room of the flat of my next-door neighbour (not the recently
aforementioned neighbour) would originally have had the same. It now has a
double-dimmer switch pair by the door, a dangling light at one end with a
bulb which works, and at the other end a three-bulb ceiling-mounted fitting
with no bulbs.

The dimmers would have been installed for/by the previous resident, meaning
at least eight years ago, and therefore designed for incandescent filament
bulbs.

She wants to have bulbs in the three-bulb fitting.

I remember that nowadays one must be careful about compatibility between
bulbs and dimmers.

She is out now, and I have not yet looked at the dangling bulb.

I have not yet found anything up-to-date-looking about this in the Wiki-FAQ.

So, what would it be best to do?

P.S. I'm still catching up on recommendations for Win7 - Win10.

--
(c) John Stockton, near London, UK. Using Google Groups. |
Mail: - or as Reply-To, if any. |