Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Ebay returns rant.....

Last summer we bought an induction hob from Appliances Direct for £775, now retailing direct from Bosch for nearly £900. It arrived with the glass top smashed with cracks emanating from a single point on one edge, it was obviously dropped on a hard corner in transit. I duly photographed the damage and requested a replacement. I was contacted by the seller that a replacement was on the way, when I asked about the damaged one they simply said dispose of it they did not want it back. I checked on the Bosch website and a replacement glass top at the time was £195 retail and probably cheaper for the trade. The glass was held on by twelve screws a repair job that would take all of 10mins. You would have thought under the circumstances they would took it back and done the repair even if they could only sell it on as a second!

Anyway anyone interested in a brand new unused hob worth circa £800 just needs a £204 glass top attaching?

Richard