Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Repair floor lamp?

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 5:34:55 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 10 Feb 2020 15:09:28 -0500, Hawk
wrote:

On 2/10/2020 12:58 PM, KenK wrote:
A floor lamp I use along side my bed has had the weight materal (cement?)
in its base break up amd fall out. Now the lamp won't stamd straight
anymore - leans against the wall. Is there anything I can put in the lamp
base so it will stand properly again? Or do I have to buy a new lamp?

Any guesses why the weighting material failed? I didn't do anything to the
lanp, not even move it around.

TIA

Good idea from Scott or additionally you can make another cement mold or
add iron weights, ankle weight, wrist weights or anything heavy which
you can enclosed with a bottom.

You could even put Houdini in there and see if he can escape.

Clare beat me to it but I was going to suggest quikrete, quick concrete.
You'd have to buy a 10 poung bag for maybe $16

WTF? Where do you shop?

and you'd have to keep
the rest dry or it will harden. Maybe a neighbor has a cup or two.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=quikrete&ref=nb_sb_noss_1 also has Rockite
for under 12.