Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bev Bev is offline

Default surfacing a drive

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 01:55:58 +0000, williamwright wrote:

I have a section of driveway that has a surface made of limestone that's
about a foot deep. It's OK and good enough except that part of it is on
a one in eight slope and when we have a downpour the finer bits of stone
get washed down the hill. I think the only solution is a proper surface,
but what? It is purely a utility area so appearance doesn't matter.
I don't want to spend a mint on this. The area I would do is ten foot
wide by about seventy feet long. Asphalt or what?

For a hard wearing utility area I'd go for concrete especially if it has
to carry a regular load. Bitmac is good for a residential drive taking
mostly domestic vehicles with the occasional heavy wagon.

What the relative costs are I don't know.