Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default surfacing a drive

In message , williamwright
writes
I have a section of driveway that has a surface made of limestone
that's about a foot deep. It's OK and good enough except that part of
it is on a one in eight slope and when we have a downpour the finer
bits of stone get washed down the hill. I think the only solution is a
proper surface, but what? It is purely a utility area so appearance
doesn't matter.
I don't want to spend a mint on this. The area I would do is ten foot
wide by about seventy feet long. Asphalt or what?
I wish my dad was still alive. He was in the road surfacing game in
supervisory roles for the last half of his working life. he'd know what
to do.

I've been looking at clip together plastic grid sections for our *almost
level* drive. 'kin expensive considering they claim to be re-cycled
material. Neighbours have 20mm pebbles and that is noisy and moves
about. I would fill with 6-10mm roadstone if we ever do it.

Highways get very cross if you allow loose material from your drive to
reach their road surface!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173167663196

--
Tim Lamb