Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default surfacing a drive

Blimey, long drive that. Round here there is a bloke who used a kind of
bonded shingle like stuff on his hard standing. OK for about two years, now
the embedded pebble bits are all coming away and ending up on the footway
and in the road, pedestrians are slipping and rolling on them and cursing
his choice. It just goes to show that something that looks nice might have
hidden dangers.
If your limestone is breaking up, then I rather suspect whatever you
attempt to cover it with will not stay put very long once rain gets under
the surface, that is the problem.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
I have a section of driveway that has a surface made of limestone that's
about a foot deep. It's OK and good enough except that part of it is on a
one in eight slope and when we have a downpour the finer bits of stone get
washed down the hill. I think the only solution is a proper surface, but
what? It is purely a utility area so appearance doesn't matter.
I don't want to spend a mint on this. The area I would do is ten foot wide
by about seventy feet long. Asphalt or what?
I wish my dad was still alive. He was in the road surfacing game in
supervisory roles for the last half of his working life. he'd know what to
do.

Bill