Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Repair floor lamp?

On 10 Feb 2020 17:58:57 GMT, KenK wrote:

A floor lamp I use along side my bed has had the weight materal (cement?)
in its base break up amd fall out. Now the lamp won't stamd straight
anymore - leans against the wall. Is there anything I can put in the lamp
base so it will stand properly again? Or do I have to buy a new lamp?

Any guesses why the weighting material failed? I didn't do anything to the
lanp, not even move it around.

TIA

Buy a bag of quick drying sakcrete. Turn the lamp upside down and
after knocking out any remaining original ballast, pour a new weight
and let it cure for 20