Rod Speed

Default Prewiring alarm for a new house

George Wenzel wrote in
message . ..
says...

I NEVER answer my door unless I am expecting a visitor.

Let me guess: you're an American, right? Land of the free
and home of the brave? You sound neither free nor brave.

Or he is indeed free to choose not to bother wth intinerant salesfools,
individuals that cant manage to work out which particular property
whose door they are knocking on, and isnt interested in the neighbours.

His choice.

My wife and I are both well-trained in firearms and their use as it
pertains to home defense (hint: pistol = bad idea). No children by choice.

Good for you. Your chances of being accidentally injured
or killed by that gun are still greater than if it wasn't present.

Just as true of anything else in that house, including
kitchen knives, cats, dogs, chairs, etc etc etc.

Its easy enough for anyone with a clue to eliminate any risk.

Hey, if you want to have a gun and
consider it "protection", that's your choice.

It is indeed.

I'd much rather live in a neighbourhood where
I know that none of my neighbours have guns,

You can never know that unless you 'live' in a police
state that searches all propertys weekly etc.

and where I find it a pleasant surprise if one of my neighbours
unexpectedly comes over to say hello once in a while.

Sure, but its his choice to not bother with them.

Of course, I'm Canadian, and I live in a country that thankfully
doesn't have the culture of fear of our southern neighbours.

Your problem.