Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Driving at night

In article , Dave W
writes
On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 13:51:26 -0000, "NY" wrote:

"John" Not.responding.@dotcom wrote in message
.92.222...
Night driving is made harder by:
People with dirty and poorly aimed headlights.
Houses with exterior floodlights aimed to light up the air.
Buildings with bulkhead type lights that just throw the light everwhere.
Cyclists who deliberately seem to aim their intensive lights at the eyes
of drivers.

Drivers who don't dip their headlights when you can see them coming towards
you. (That goes without saying, which I presume is why you didn't mention
it.)

Drivers who leave their rear (red) foglights on even when it isn't foggy.

Drivers who keep their brake lights on when they are stopped for many
minutes in a queue of traffic, dazzling and "destroying" the night vision of
the drivers behind. (*)

I've sometimes wondered if it was possible to construct a pull-down
half-silvered mirror to reflect the brake lights back to the offender.

Offenders often had one brake light burnt out from over-use.

When I look in the mirror of my Defender at night I can see the
reflection in the rear door of the brake lights of the car in front.
Haven't found a use for it yet though.
--
bert