Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Driving at night

On 10/02/2020 13:41, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
polygonum_on_google writes
On Monday, 10 February 2020 12:52:23 UTC, Tim LambĀ* wrote:

I have this personal belief that using aids of pretty much any sort
leads to a reduction in capability.

No optician has confirmed this belief but none have put forward
convincing arguments for the alternative and their livelihood depends on
sales:-)

I spend most of my time outdoors where the ability to focus close up is
not required. I don't suffer from headaches/eyestrain and carry reading
glasses on a neck string. Driving is more of a challenge as digital
dashboard displays are blurred but speedo is clear and automation takes
care of the rest.

Interesting view.

People who have one leg shorter than the other can end up with
horrible musculoskeletal issues because of the twisting induced. A
simple heel lift/raised shoe, obviously an aid, can prevent that.

Accepted.

I'd suggest that it is important to consider each and every one of the
aid options individually and not have blanket attitude.

The use of keyboard and mail has destroyed my handwriting as an example
of skills lost or diminished.

Socrates complained that writing lead to people not needing to remember
things.

--
Max Demian