Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Flooding and electric cars

On Monday, 10 February 2020 15:48:22 UTC, harry wrote:
On Monday, 10 February 2020 09:58:20 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Had to go out yesterday morning but on our return trip many of the roads we had to travel were already flooding and a number of cars were already coming to grief. Fortunately the Kuga managed to negotiate everything although within the hour all these roads became impassable. It did occur to me how would electric cars cope particularly with the tendency to mount batteries under the floor. It is one thing to protect connections from the normal spray generated in wet conditions and quite another when things get a good dunking. Anyone with any experience of driving an electric car in these conditions?

Richard

More info here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-56UJ2H2I