Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default what cell phone for under $ 130

In article , says...

I was happy with my personal flip phone for years. We started
using smart phones at work for time sheets and work orders. The work
order app also had maps and directions on the fly. The woman even had
that annoyed tone women get when someone doesn't so exactly as ordered.
I finally got a personal smart phone just for a map app. It's handy
when someone says meet me at ................... when I'm in unfamiliar
territory.
It's nice to be able to take and send pictures when I'm out
wandering around. The picture thing is nice when I'm trying to describe
something to someone and my few words
aren't adequate.
I'm using Page Plus which is hooked to Verizon. Many of the others
don't cover a good share of Nebraska.

One reason now for me to get the smart phone is some devices around the
house need the smart phone apps to set them up. I have a couple of home
monitoring cameras that it takes a smart phone or maybe a tablet to read
the QR code or download a special app and set them up.

I got my first one because a flip phone was not offered by Republic for
their system if I recall correctly. Only a few phones would work with
their system at the time. However the price of the service was
fantastic at the time. Just under $ 13 after fees and taxes a month for
unlimiated talk and text.
They are now about the same as other companies now. More than some if
you want any cell tower data.