Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Driving at night

In article ,
T i m wrote:
As for glasses and driving, I am shortsighted and can see the
dashboard, even the smallest details, well enough, without glasses. But
distance is another matter.

I'm the opposite but wear cheapo reading glasses all the time and can
still / better read things at a distance than without them?

Ready made reading specs have plus lenses. Various strengths. If you are
hyperopic (your eyes focus beyond infinity) all you're doing is correcting
that. Ready made may be OK for that provided both eyes are the same and
you have no astigmatism. But given how cheap prescription ones are - and
how important a regular eye check is for picking up problems (and not just
with the eyes) makes little sense not to get them.

--
*We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.