Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ebay returns rant.....

On Sunday, 9 February 2020 21:02:38 UTC, Theo wrote:
R D S wrote:
....And a heads up.

Received an item, it doesn't fit, ie. it's incorrect.

So i've tried to return it through ebay's process and selected 'it
doesn't fit'.[1]
Ebay were trying to charge me postage, I don't want to pay postage
through ebay as they are charging about what the item is worth and in
any case return postage should be at the sellers cost.
(As it is i'm not that tight but it could have been posted as a large
letter whereas ebay are trying to charge me for a packet)

So I try to start a new return, noting that in the options is 'more
reasons', clicking this displays 'item description incorrect'.
We try that. But apparently there is already a return open now.
You can't edit a return reason and if you close a return you can't start
a new one.
Arse.

[1] Presumably this is pertinent to clothes and similar.

Indeed, 'it didn't fit' usually means the item is the right size but the
user is the wrong size. Although it would be difficult to prove that an
item of clothing wasn't 'Extra Large' given everyone's definition of XL
varies wildly.

'Not as described' would be what you want.

Beware of buying clothes from China - their XL is probably our XS. And there are some pretty funny pics of clothes from China being not really what was shown in the ads.

NT