Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED TV power off

On Sunday, 9 February 2020 19:53:36 UTC, John Smith wrote:
One of our TVs is a 32 inch Samsung, which has an excellent picture.

2 years ago the power board blew so i replaced it with a secondhand
board, which was an easy job.

Now it's powering up but then powering off after about 5 minutes and
not even going into standby. Unplugging the power lead and waiting a
bit and then restarting brings it back to life but then it powers off
again.

Before I buy another board is it:

- likely to be the power board
- are there suspect components on the board (I'm guessing capacitors)
that are worth replacing (I know how to solder them in).

thx

hard to know, but certainly failing caps are a common cause. One of those cheap chinese component testers is good for testing caps - the caps need removing to check them though.

NT