Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Ebay returns rant.....

On 09 Feb 2020 21:02:33 +0000 (GMT), Theo
wrote:

snip

I had this where I ordered an 8 quid item from Amazon and their returns was
railroading me into paying 4 quid for return postage. What irritated me was
there was no 'I'll pay my own postage' option - and pocketing pennies here
and there is how they make their money. I moaned at CS and they gave me a
return address and said they'd refund postage if I emailed a receipt. It
cost a quid at the Post Office (I CBA to scan the receipt), and the refund
did come through when it arrived at their end.

I just returned a dog bed that was much bigger than advertised [1].
They got DHL to collect it (foc to me) and gave me a collection time
range between 9am and 5pm on an agree day. Not looking forward to
having to hang about for the day, I was actually pleased when they
collected it at 8:30 am. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] Their stated dimension didn't match the actual by quite a
percentage.

p.s. We have a dog that when stretched out can easily take up 2 seats
on the sofa but when curled up only takes the space of a large cat.
;-)