Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Ebay returns rant.....

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 20:38:54 +0000, R D S wrote:

On 09/02/2020 18:02, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 15:08:49 +0000, R D S wrote:

....And a heads up.

Received an item, it doesn't fit, ie. it's incorrect.

So i've tried to return it through ebay's process and selected 'it
doesn't fit'.[1]

Did you first contact the seller rather than 'eBay'?

That was my first instinct, but I read his feedback (which I should have
done before ordering the item :rollseyes

Yup, easily forgotten in the moment ...

and decided that was pointless.

Whilst you might be right, it does make me wonder if some of the
bigger sellers attract false neg feedback from their rivals?

I have contactaed them since. we'll see what happens. It's only a few quid.

Let us know. ;-)

The ebay process steers you, contact seller - i'd like to return my
item......

It does indeed and I generally ignore that and go straight to 'contact
seller'. This advice is often offered by the sellers themselves as
they are so keen to avoid negative feedback before they get the chance
to remedy the situation.

Cheers, T i m