Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default OT. Don't go to the Maldives..........

On 09/02/2020 13:03, harry wrote:
On Sunday, 9 February 2020 12:24:59 UTC, nightjar wrote:
So you are on your paranoid horse again eh?
Unfortunately, you are just as likely to be stabbed if you stray into
certain parts of some towns here by gangs. Nothing to do with religion,
more to do with mob rule I'd say.

When I lived in Glasgow, it was considered fairly unsafe to go into the
centre when a Celtic v Rangers football match was on. Of course, that
did have a basis in religion - all nominally Christian.

Only when wearing the wrong scarf.

It was just as dangerous not to be wearing the right scarf.

Nobody can be sure when they're safe these days.

No different from the past. The IRA have managed to kill far more
Britons than the Islamic militants ever have and I only missed being
alongside one of their London bombs by about a minute.

--
Colin Bignell