Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Stormy day, all interconnectors are on 'import'

Yes I expected that as I said here earlier in the week, somebody needs to
find a way to make electricity out of the gusty chaotic winds we tend to get
a lot of in this part of the world.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Spike" wrote in message

Although the wind always blows somewhere, it isn't always the right wind
in the right place at the right time.

With demand at 1030 of ~33GW, wind is producing only 9GW, but all the
interconnectors are on 'import' (a total of about 4.5 GW), hydro and
pumped hydro are contributing 1.3 GW and OCGT is on 0.7GW.

Solar is, as expected, 0 GW.

--
Spike