Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Forte Agent Usenet Reader

On Sat, 08 Feb 2020 23:10:40 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 17:33:05 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)"
wrote:

That does not sound very accessible, make mental note not to use that one.
Brian

I'm a fan of Forte Agent although my Version 2.0 is very old, but then
so is USENET.

It does have its foibles though, the default settings are nowhere near
how I like them, as I have rediscovered when I recently reinstalled it
along with Windows 10.

The most annoying thing is, if I'm a bit to hasty replying to a post
and forget to open the follow up window, it interprets each key-stroke
as a command and will, for example, mark everything "read" turn off
word wrap and constant-pitch, show headers etc.

I still think it is far better than Thunderbird, but there again I
like TB for email.

I am on Agent 1.7, and right-clicking does nothing. I just have to
click at the top of the left-hand column to toggle betwen 'Thread' and
'Size' for sorting.

If I click on the 'Author' or 'Date' columns for sorting, the
left-hand column title changes to 'Status' and posts I've read show an
indicator.
--
Dave W