Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Storage: which kind of Bags

On 08/02/2020 12:29, Tim+ wrote:
john west wrote:
Having a lot of stored Junk, we have the problem of bringing it down a
ladder and sorting it and then putting some back.
Supermarket plastic carrier bags were good for storage and very handy to
carry up and down the ladder, but i think most are now probably
'degradable' and will soon fall apart into a thousand pieces.
Are there any plastic bags (maybe some bin bag types or similar?) that
will not be degradable, that any one knows of ?

Im not sure that any supermarket bags are €śoxy-degradable€ť any more. I
know we certainly used to have a problem with supermarket carrier bags
disintegrating in the loft but in recent years our Christmas decorations
have stayed with their bags. ;-)

We recently went to M&S and the cashier commented about the old M&S
plastic bag that we were using for our shopping - that's when we
realised that it was a bag that we'd recently retrieved from the loft,
where it had been protecting towels since we were given them, when we
got married in 2002!

SteveW